Before we can begin to say Salah, we must first prepare
ourselves. This preparation includes making sure we are clean, and this is done by
carrying out Wudu. (Oblution)
Wudu, (Oblution) is essential for performing Salah, we
cannot offer our Salah without first making Wudu. These are the steps to take:
- First make Niyyah (Intention) saying Bismillahir Rahmanir
Rahim (in the name of Allah the most merciful the most kind); then wash both hands up to
the wrists three times making sure that water has reached between the fingers.
- Next, put a handful of water into the mouth and rinse it
thoroughly three times.
- After this sniff water into the nostrils three times to
clean them and then wash the tip of the nose three times.
- Wash the face three times from right ear to left ear and
from forehead to throat.
- Wash the right arm and then left arm thoroughly from wrist
to elbow three times.
- The moves the palm of the wet hand over head, starting from
the top of forehead to the back and pass both hands over the back of the head to the neck.
- Next, rub wet fingers into the grooves of both ears and
holes and also pass the wet thumbs behind the ear.
- Next pass the backs of wet hands over the nape.
- Finally wash both feet to the ankles starting from the
right and making sure that water has reached between the toes and all other parts of the
At the end of the steps recite:
"Ash hadu an la ilaha illal lahu wahdahu la
sharikalahu wa ash hadu anna muhammadan abduhuwa rasuluhu."
"I bear witness there is no god but Allah and He is
one and has no partner and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and